Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #2571
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got Guitar Freaks today (for PSX). This game is insanely hard to find for 3 reasons:

    1. Unreleased outside of Japan.
    2. Six years old.
    3. Discontinued.

    But damn, im having a great time with it. I wish i could buy the sequels and put it on my HDD though, the loading times on the PSX are a bit tedious.

  2. #2572
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The name, Guitar Freaks, what exactly is it about? Like an old version of Donkey Konga?

    I'm currently playing Halo 2.

  3. #2573
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Its a popular game by Konami thats best known for its appearance in the arcades (you may have even see it). Think DDR, then think guitar, and you'll have the idea.

    As for me, im not playing Halo 2, and havent been for a good few weeks now. Once you stop for a while, you never look back.
    Instead im playing through the aforementioned guitar wielding fret tapper (albeit with a PSX control), with brief progressions of Resident Evil 4.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ May 22, 2005 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  4. #2574
    Inactive Member Xhell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2004
    Posts
    520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Cat: oooo, I really can't wait to play that with you! Since I'm a big fan of "Gitaroo-man", this most certainly should be a fun experience! And it gives us a reason to buy those actual guitar-controllers!
    FunFunFun!

    I've recently purchased "La Pucelle Tactics" which is a tactical RPG produced from the fantastic games company "Nippon-Ichi (i think that's how it's spelt)". It is the third game (although the first one made) released in Britain which was made by Nippon-Ichi, and these games are: Disgaea, Phantom Brave, La Pucelle Tactics.


    So far it is very fun. More so than "Phantom Brave", but less enjoyable than "Disgaea". Despite this first impression, I've only started, thus I shall need to play more before I determine a valid opinion.

  5. #2575
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Been playing PSO:BB beta recently. I may have have to meet up with you at some point Xel.

    And soon, i will be playing Star Fox Armada (better name).

    BTW, listen to Burning Hearts ~Hi no Angel~. That is the best freaking song in the world.

  6. #2576
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just co-purchased Pro Evolution Soccer 4 with my bro on ebay. I mostly bought it because it was very cheap (?10), and it should be fun online. Not to mention its currently the best soccer sim out there.

    I need more pick-up and play games for my exam period, since something as time consuming as an RPG would no doubt overfill my revision breaks.

  7. #2577
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Sure. I'm up for playing wheneever.

  8. #2578
    Inactive Member Xhell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2004
    Posts
    520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    mm, that's why I personally never have gotten into football games. Also because I consider them as being boring. Actually participating in the sport is much more enjoyable!

  9. #2579
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Xel: Okay, i got exams all this week, so lets try sometime this friday.

  10. #2580
    Inactive Member Ryudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2002
    Posts
    349
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Metroid: Zero mission (GBA) I'm gonna kick Mother Brain's ass, hehehe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •